Sunday, March 27, 2016

Real Strength versus Gym Strength

This weekend, we filmed movie 2 for my new channel, POWER LEVEL. The featured movement was how to clean and press like darth vader (a la Jedi when he tosses Sidious into the void).

We filmed the physical act first while I was fresh, and I quickly ran into a brick wall. Cleaning a human being was really not that difficult, but the press was next to impossible. I can make all of the excuses in the world, but the fact is, I was unable to press something above my head that would be cake on a barbell.

This type of thing pisses me right off. It always does. Physical acts outside of the gym should be a test drive of the sweat and blood I've left on the bar, not the other way around. I want to be strong enough for anything and everything. Not being able to do something like this is not ok. Although I'm starting to train for the Highland Games later this year, this weekend showed me that I need to push myself into the strongman gear and diet now rather than later.

Getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment