Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Switching up movements

Ive been doing nothing but weighted ring dips for the past month. Although my overall strength has gone up (bw+55 x 10, up from a previous best of 45x8) things are starting to feel creaky. The movement is boring. Even my warmups feel a little iffy. Ring dips didn't suddenly turn on me. Im either under recovered or getting stale.

Enter a planned switch.

Replacing weighted ring dips with weighted ring pushups is money. I can still go heavy without burning my house down. The literal only downside is i may run out of weight to use (75lbs), but thats a great problem to have. Also, something i wont run into for weeks if i only add 5lbs every 3 sessions (+5 week). 

This is working. My joints feel great. My shoulders are rounding out. My chest is looking better by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment