Thursday, March 31, 2011

Movies pt6: Pandas (Killer Red)

This film was heavily influenced (ok, stolen) from a Dexter's Lab short. The basic idea was to illustrate what Dexter's dad does when his wife and kids leave the house for 5minutes. This of course means dancing close to nudity to whatever you feel like.

This movie was my first introduction to animation in Final Cut, and it turned out ok...The introduction sequence took nearly a week out of my life to get right. The audio was such shit during most of the film that I spent almost 2 days making foley noises around the house (with my 14ft PVC boom I might add, never again) just to fill the audio tracks. The dancing and Billy Blanks was made up on the spot, just some silly shit.

The title means nothing at all (and is also written incorrectly so many times in the same film, that I have nodesire to agree on the real one), and my little sister is completely fucking adorable. Although I'm fairly sure she only agreed to do the movie since it meant her stealing and eating cookies, she played her part well. Scott (the Panda and Officer Friendly) was a fun edition to have on board. I don't remember exactly why I found it necessary to cut off a piece of his arm in the Billy Blanks scene, but I'm sure it was mighty important.

I'm also very aware that I refer to myself as a girl in the credits. I'm not re-editing it.

Pandas (Killer Red)

No comments:

Post a Comment