Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Ice Gym

For the past 2 days, my car has been locked in a sheet of ice. Shame on you Atlanta for not buying copious amounts of equipment necessary for clearing the roads when it snows. We would need it at least once every 20yrs. Cmon...

I would normally put a hold on my training because all of the gyms are closed, but that's kind of retarded. I rediscovered 2 exercises that I've ignored for too long.

1. Burpees
If you have never tried a burpee before, you probably don't know what it feels like to be truly exhausted and helpless. To perform...
   a. Squat down from a standing position
   b. Kick your legs out so you are in a pushup position
   c. Do a pushup
   d. Retract your legs until you are in a squat position again
   e. Do a squat jump, land standing up
Try 3-5 sets of 10 and work from there



2. Random Fratty Shit
In college, we used to pass the time by racing office chairs, breaking into abandoned buildings, and just general urban adventuring. It seemed like a good idea to drag my worn couch out of my house and sled it down hills.

Piedmont Park at 12am. We will miss you dear couch.

Go outside and play douchbag. Get stronger.


28 days later. Go Atlanta.

1 comment: