Monday, January 6, 2020

Getting used to being a different size

Ditching the gym has been pretty god damn interesting. A few things have happened:
- My injuries are all cleared up
- I'm leaning out due to daily grease the groove lifting, cardio, Q&D, and intermittent fasting

I'm not married to a routine or movements anymore. The usual struggle with 'am i doing it right' and minor tweaks doesn't exist. And I'm shrinking. Not everything is getting smaller (lookin at you shoulders, you're looking good), but for the most part I'm losing mass all around. One of my fears of ditching the gym was that my identity was rooted in being a certain size and gait.

But was that really great? Not really. I was fatter than i wanted to be. I was always hurt. And no one, copy, no one fucking cares what size I am. Especially not my girlfriend.

More to ponder on for later. Just wanted these thoughts down to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment