Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Recovery methods 1: tight hips

My mom forgot the best saying she ever perpetuated.

"It's all in the recovery"

She would say this to me whenever I made a mistake as a kid. If I got a bad grade. If I said something I regretted. If I lost a baseball game. This is a heck of a one-two punch. It told me what I did post fuck up was more important than the fuck up itself. Lets talk about recovery. Cause we're all a little fucked up. And we all could use a little recovery.

TIGHT HIPS
Your hips suck because you sit too much and are quad dominant. Most of the time when my knees hurt it's because I haven't stretched in friggin forever. Back in the days of innocence - 2014 - I thought I needed knee surgery because of how hard it was for me to walk after getting out of a car. I literally had to shuffle everywhere I went. Surely I broke my knees doing front squats.

Bitch please. This will change your God damn world in 30 seconds a day.

Hip Flexor Stretch on a Bench
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdMk68JDT1U

Cossack Squat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Ilhz2q4m4

With these 2 moves your quads and groin will feel loose as pie. I usually do both after lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment