Friday, March 16, 2018

High Frequency Day 01: Back in business

Lifting has gotten a little stale recently. I'm falling back into old patterns of endlessly trying to figure out wtf I want to do in the gym and why. Mix that into reaching a particularly low point in my life, I need to help my mind pick itself up my strengthening its wrapper.

My previous dive into high frequency was a fun ass experiment. Within 2 weeks I reached a 315 front squat and 500 deadlift; two lifts I had been unsuccessfully chasing for years. Let's do this shit.

Each training day will consist of:
- A squat 2RM, backoff of 3x3
- Either a Press or Pull 1RM, backoff sets may be 3x3 or 1-3xBILLIONS depending on the exercise
- Pullups, arms, abs, neck work

I'll switch out a movement or change a movement (see: add reverse bands, decrease range of motion) when I stall.

<Moves>
Squat:
  • FS against bands, FS, RB FS
  • ZS against bands, ZS, RB ZS
Press:
  • OHP against bands, OHP
  • RGBP
  • Dips
  • FP
  • LM Press
  • Inc DB Bench
  • DB Bench
  • DB Press
Pull:

  • Jefferson
  • T bar row
  • Behind the back deadlift
  • Snatch dead
  • PC
  • SHP
</Moves>

<Training>
Front Squat 2RM 255x1x2
Front Squat backoff 3x3 205x3x3
Behind the back deadlift 1RM 335x1
Behind the back deadlift 3x3 275x3x3

Total time: ??? I messed up and didn't record this

So, I'm depressed and feel weak as shit. Yup...this workout sounds about right. Fortunate thing is that daily training will push these numbers up quickly.

The fun find was trying out behind the back deads for the first time and absolutely loving them. This was a case where I could have done way way more than I had in me for today, but I want to save some in the tank for when I acclimate to the form. My lower back feels fucking amazing the day after these, and my groin isn't compromised like it is during Jefferson deads. Good times. Great oldies. Fox 97.

<Post Training>
Stretching
Cardio: Walking on a 10% incline for 15min
</Post Training>
</Training>

How do I feel?
Shitty really. It's day 1 bruh.



No comments:

Post a Comment