Monday, February 7, 2011

Chaos and Pain 2

I've really been enjoying Chaos and Pain so far. It's a different combination of volume and resting periods I've used in the past, and I can see myself training like this for a while.
With the exception of accessory exercises, I'm using the rep scheme below for each exercise...
5-10x3 85% 1RM
5-12x2 90% 1RM
5-15x1 95% 1RM

The weights and volumes can change on any given day, and I use accessory either as fun, useless fun (a la pumps), or just when I have energy to burn. Below is an example of a week with an accessory grab bag. I may use anywhere from 5-12 sets on each exercise depending how I feel (trying to keep rest periods down to 1-1.5min), and accessory occurs if and when it is necessary.

Generally, one exercise will be heavy singles (95%) and the other triples (85%). The next week will use the same exercises, but the percentages used will switch.

Ex:
Week1
Squat 95% Singles
Bench 85% Triples

Week2
Squat 85% Triples
Bench 95% Singles

1.
Squat
Bench

2.
Deadlift
Chinup

3.
Behind the Neck Push Press
DB Bench
Breathing Squats

4.
Powerclean
Row/Kroc Row

Misc
Overhead Press
Dips
Front Squats
Partial Squats
Hammer Curl
Overhead Tricep Extension
Lateral Raises

No comments:

Post a Comment