Thursday, December 5, 2019

im embaressed at my lack of creativity (circa 10yrs ago)

I made a post when i first started lifting making fun of a hotel gym. It was a basic bitch hotel gym with a few treadmills and dumbbells. The post was short: this is not a gym.

Im not embaressed about a lot in retrospect, but that post always makes me cringe. Every time ive been forced to get creative with my training (see: getting hurt, having limited options) ive made my largest strides. Lack of equipment is not an excuse to not work out. 

I could have done:
- handstand pushups 
- dumbbell overhead press
- dumbbell snatches
- dumbbell incline rows
- weighted carries a la suitcase or waiters walk
- db hammer curls 
- bodyweight tricep extensions

30min in and out. Easy. Worthwhile. But all i could see is the numbers on the bells. I turned my nose up and said this is not a real gym. Bullshit. I was an entitled trainee married to doing a routine. Heck man, add a couple of bands (which are light, inexpensive, and travel extremely well) and you open yourself up to way more.

The moment i move, i want to explore what else i can do with very little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment