Friday, July 31, 2020

Conditioning | 20min | Walking lunges, crab walk, kettlebell suitcase carry

The grab bag of conditioning. Throw 3 things together and do them as much as possible for 10-20min. 

I'm not sure what made my back feel uneasy last weekend, so I'm reintroducing things one at a time. It was either:
  • single leg RDL's (this is the most likely culprit, they felt off)
  • keg explosive presses (2nd choice)
  • kettlebell suitcase carry (felt fine)

If today goes well, I'll try incorporating a keg carry next week.

Conditioning: 20min | Rounds of
  • Walking lunge = across my lawn 1 way
  • Crab walk = halfway back across the lawn 1 way
  • Suitcase carry = 2 lengths of my lawn (1 way = 1 hand then switch)

I'm not going to be strict on rest periods. Just do as much work as possible. My right shoulder has been hurting a tiny bit lately, and I've found that exercises that pull my shoulder DOWN (i.e. suitcase carries) have been more helpful than band presses UP. Weird enough, the biggest fix to my left shoulder last year was the last time I attempted cleans. Fixed my shoulder (in an almost jarring snap) but made my back feel like shit. You're a dick body.

Result:
Left knee feeling a little wonky after all of the lunges, but otherwise this as great.

No comments:

Post a Comment