Saturday, September 24, 2016

High Frequency Day 2

Day 2
Drank a bit last night, but was still in bed by 1230a. Got up at 730a to train.

Squat warmups didn't feel great. I'm not sore...it was more like my muscles and tendons being like 'wat, this shit again?'

Once I hit yesterday's max, it was clear I had way more in me, so I kept going.

Front Squat: 300 (PR)
Partial Front Squat: 565, hold for 3 sets of 5 seconds
Overhead Press: 170x1, 130x8
T bar rows: 4 plates x 6. The mother fucking bar kept on sliding away. Chalking today up to a loss and finding a corner to lift in tomorrow.

Total time lifting: 32min

Notes:
The front squat felt good, but is likely a fluke. We'll see tomorrow. The overhead press was brutal. A grind all the way up. I added a backoff set for some smoother volume. I heart partial front squats, and they're so easy to level up. Let's keep this train moving.

I stretched today and yesterday for 15min after lifting. This is something I've never really done before, but I'm a fan. It definitely aids the way I feel post workout. I came into the gym today ready to bust shit up. Gooooooood. Gooooooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment