Saturday, April 18, 2020

one lift a day | 2020-50 | kb sumo deadlifts

I've been getting pretty annoyed lately. Every time i pick something up my lower back feels weak. Most days my left knee feels still as fuck.

I probably still have herniated discs, but im not in pain or discomfort. My knee likely isn't hurt anymore, i just havent used it in a long ass time. Doing high rep low side step ups feels like oil in the machine. Daily stretching and foam rolling feels like it is releasing tension everywhere. My calves were sore as fuck last night after some painful foam rolling. It felt like they had been tensed and balled up for god knows how long until i gave them a once over.

All of this is good news. My body isnt healthy, but it isnt hurt either. Daily maintenance is keeping this gravy train going. 

Enter today. It's been a long time since ive straight up done deadlifts. Swings, sure. Carries, sure. Drags, ok. None of these things really get a good hinge going for high reps as they all have separate goals.

Todays goal was simple:
Get as many sumo deadlift reps in as possible in a short time period.
Start reforming my lower back and erectors.
Build da booty.

Workout
12min 62lb kb sumo deadlift
No sets to failure

Warmdown 
4 hangs (as long as possible)
Fuck these feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment