Saturday, January 12, 2019

High frequency day 93: 1/11/19 mother fucking loaded carries

I feel fucking amazing. Mentally sharp, strong, fast, resilient, and (most importantly) healthy.

Day 2 of recovery work and loaded carries feels great! I can definitely feel a hit to my overall power (first set of chins was 12 instead of the 16 from yesterday). This is not a problem, but an indocator that i should either rest sunday/wednesday or just stick to conditioning work so my actual lifting days can be lushed hard.

Now, loaded mother fuckin carries. First off, Dan John called this shit in 2011.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/secret-of-loaded-carries

I DIDNT LISTEN BECAUSE IM STUPID OK THANKS MOM.

I can already friggin feel the difference. Im racing a clock instead of a HIIT timer to get X volume in. Its still low impact. Honestly my back looooooves it. Whether or not this will aid in additional hypertrophy is yet to be seen. Strongmen would argue a strong YES.

Workout, 27min
Low cable row 170lbsx50 reps
-- may stick with bodyweight and band stuff going forward
Double blue banded pushups ???
Banded leg curls ???
-- big fan!!!
Band overhead tri ext 50ish per arm
Band good morning 60
Small band curls 50 per arm
Overhead walks
- 50lbs per arm
- 15 laps (smaller runway today)
- 5min 33s
Shoulder rear delt raise

No comments:

Post a Comment