Sunday, March 29, 2020

Exercise | 2020-31 | lateral drags

Tried lateral sled drags for the first time. What did NOT work well for me was: 

1. Crossing leg over leg. That shit made my knees feel terrible and i felt nothin in my glutes.

2. Shuffling as fast as possible. Momentum pulled the sled from my bacl way more than from my hips.

What actually worked for me.

3. Letting momentum completely bleed out of the sled. Move laterally enough to take the slack out, then use the leg furthest away from the sled to explode to the side. Repeat.

4. Same as (3) above, but contiual quick shuffles using the same foot to explode laterally. Stop anytime you stop feeling your hips drive the weight.

(3) felt harder but was easy cardio
(4) was easier but was much harder cardio

Warmup
Shoulder mobility (t's, y's, handcuffs)
Foam roll knees and quads

Warmdown
Same as warmup


No comments:

Post a Comment