Tuesday, November 13, 2018

High frequency status: 1.5 months in

It's been a fun ride so far. Just wanted to drop some thoughts along the way. Some of these may be repeats, but its worth growing the list.

Physique changes
Not huge from a hypertrophy perspective, but this was more or less expected. What i did not expect is that ive been getting progressively leaner over time. Leeway with my diet has been extremely high, although a day or 2 of poor choices is immediately noticeable (but goes away just as fast).

My shoulders, back, and arms have seen the most growth. Not surprising considering im hitting them everyday derrrrr. My ass and legs have atrophied a ton. It sucks. I look forward to the day when i can hit heavy squats and deads again.

Soreness and joint health
Sometimes my shoulders feel a bit beat up, but this goes away the moment i start lifting. Im a heavy supporter of daily stretching/mobility if you are getting into this. I believe it has made this process possible.

Mental health
This is my fav part. I cant tell you how much energy ive wasted on writing and tweaking programs. This shit takes those decisions out of your hands entirely. Sets and reps? Not a thing. You decide whether to go for a single or rep max. The movements are already chosen. Fail? Choose something else. Feel beat up? Try working antagonists for a day (a la my rando volume pull days).

Lifting has gone from something i planned for to something i just do before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment