Thursday, November 8, 2018

Wisconsin day 41: 11/8/18 my heart is broken

Brain dump

These shootings are killing me man. We live in statistically the safest period of time ever. Why am i always looking over my shoulder? Why do i have a moment of panic when im dancing in the front of of a band? I was in Vegas last year when some asshole decided to unload death from a high vantage point into a crowd. I wasnt there because i was jet lagged. Im alive because i was tired. I was woken up by frantic text messages asking if i was ok by friends and family. They knew where i would have been if i was at that concert.

By the same token, this isnt a black and white issue. Gun control does need to be enforced, but not at the level of the legislation that is proposed. Taking away guns does not take away violence.

Whenever a massacre like this goes down, i remember watching my friend Joe play a civilization type game when we were in middle school. He was trying to quell a riot that had set the city on fire. I asked how many people he had to stop. He looked at me like i was stupid. Its just one guy. It only takes one guy.

What the fuck is wrong with us? Something has got to give, and i fear that we are too far up our own asses to have a conversation that is nonpartisan.

Workout
Who fucking cares. It happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment