Saturday, November 3, 2018

Loving your city

Minnnnddddd dumpppo

I hate Atlanta and everyone that looks like Atlanta. Maybe it's because i had my heart broken there. Maybe it's because i lived there for 27 years. I don't know. I'm not a doctor.

What i do know is i thought i had an anger problem which necessitated therapy. Turns out i just really, really didnt like my city. Like a bad relaltionship, its difficult to see the problems in any direction other than in reverse. Its not normal to hate where you live. Its not nornal to feel stuck in a loop every weekend.

Ive started to feel the same itch from St Petersburg. I by no means hate where i live, but this land of vacation may come with an expiration. I found a new crew of my favorite people once. I can do it again. The best part about leaving is you dont lose the people you leave behind. The best ones stay in touch and grow with you remotely.

No comments:

Post a Comment