Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Fuckin lemonade: getting stronger post injury

I want to elaborate on my post from this morning. Every time i get injured, i return stronger. This is not because the injured area reinforces itself (quite the opposite), it's because injuries force you to address what you have been successfully ignoring.

This may be soft tissue work, major muscle imbalances, tight muscles, a bad god damn diet.

Every injury has forced me to find a new way of working out the same muscles. While i may not get stronger in the recovery phase, im priming the pump to explode once the injury is healed.

This being said, i would not wish any of these injuries on my worst enemy. If i could return to age 26 before a herniated disc when i was able to throw 270 around like it owed me money, you bet your ass i would.

Be careful, lift with aggression, but know that injury opens as many doors as it closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment